Grain Gain from SM6 Seaweed Extract
Research and trials have confirmed the benefits which can be obtained by applying seaweed extract to cereals, in particular the improvement in root development. It is evident that there are three key periods when cereal crops will benefit from the use of seaweed extract.
- Autumn – Better root development, establishment & overwintering
- Spring – Improved tillering, strengthened straw
- Summer – Delayed senescence, improved grain quality
Chase SM6 seaweed extract is a highly concentrated extract containing no less than 30% w/v soluble seaweed solids, thus requiring a relatively low application rate. The natural plant growth stimulants found in SM6 promote cell division, protein/carbohydrate production and prolong photosynthesis and chlorophyl production. They assist the uptake and use of nutrients and the resultant healthy growth helps the plant resist pest and disease attacks as well as drought stress.
SM6 Application Rates
- Autumn – 1.4 litres/ha GS 11-14 (all crops)
- Spring – 1.4 litres/ha GS 29-31 (all crops)
- Summer – 1.4 litres/ha GS 39 (malting barley, feed wheat, oats)
– 1.4 litres/ha GS 59 (milling wheat)